Sunday, January 4, 2009

Eclipse

I've been reading Eclipse again...yes again...and I noticed that once I have already read all the books I can slow down and really think about what is in the book and understand it better.

When Jasper explains his story about before he was with the Cullens, Bella realizes that they are all truly comfortable with her around and telling her everything about them. Bella feels like she is really a part of the family and she wants to help in the fight against the newborns and Victoria in any way that she can, as long as it will keep the Cullens safe. The fact that she is willing to do this tells the reader that she would do anything for them and she just wants them to be safe. She ends up convincing herself that it is her fault that they have to go through this fight and risk their lives. Although Edward keeps telling her that it isn't her fault and that the fight will be easy, she still is not comfortable with him fighting. Bella asks him to sit out from the fight and stay with her while his family takes on the newborns. While Edward and Bella are alone together before the fight, he finally gets Bella to agree to marry him.

This is how far I have read right now, and I have realized how much I missed the first time I read Eclipse, most likely because I was so into the books that I couldn't stop reading. I'll post more on Eclipse later.

No comments: